Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Some craziness and some kindness

This post is dedicated to my husband (aka mr. winky pants)

CRAZINESS:
My husband recently had his wisdom teeth pulled...ALL 4!! Apparently this is unusual, because every time I tell people he had his wisdom teeth pulled, they ask "how many?", and are SHOCKED when I tell them "all four". The oral surgery only took 40 minutes, but it took him 15 minutes to wake up. As soon as he was awake, the nurse came and got me, so she could give us instructions. As soon as I walk in, I see him sitting there with sleeping eyes and a distant stare. Once the nurse begins giving us care instructions, he starts winking at me. Not like 1 or 2 winks...like repetitive winking. I try to hold in my laughter and be an adult as I listen to unsmiling nurses instructions. Its hopeless...I have no self control. As soon as she leaves to get the doctor, we have this conversation:

"mr. winky pants" : I am going to pretend I am dead
(mind you, his mouth is full of gauze)

me : wha...huh?

"mr. winky pants" : I'm going to pretend I'm dead...

(he proceeds to lay lifeless in the chair with bloody mouth open and eyes closed)

We had a few other conversations that consisted of nonsense ramblings and me laughing out loud. As soon as the doctor walked in, I was able to compose myself and resume maturity. I love my husband...no one makes me laugh harder than him.

KINDNESS:

It was my husbands birthday recently, and he got a little spare change from grandpa. Unlike me, my husband has the ability to spend his money wisely and quickly. I hide mine and think about sending it.
On Sunday he surprised me and said he wanted to take me on a date. Now I should tell you we are on MEGA save mode because we are hoping to go to South Africa for the World Cup 2010. So I thought...oookkkaay...then he proceeds to melt my heart. He tells me, I want to thank you for the patience, care and love you have shown me these last few weeks...I have some birthday money left, so I want to take you to a movie and PinkBerry. (remember he just had 4 teeth pulled) Is you heart melting yet? He wasn't finished. My "film guru" husband then says: "do you want to watch Bride Wars or He's Just Not That Into You?" Ummmm...excuse me? We have been together for about 8 years, never have we seen a "chick flick"...NEVER! I about fell over...I couldn't believe it. I chose He's Just Not That Into You and it was horrible...but I didn't care and he didn't care. He showed my kindness, appreciation and selflessness. What he made me feel cannot be fully expressed with words. If I were a cartoon, I would hearts for eyeballs and be drunk with love.

No comments: