Friday, April 3, 2009

this week...

Last Friday was lovely. We took the youth from church (which includes Jr. High & High School, and a few college who love us so much, they won't leave) ice skating. FUN FUN FUN. Some of the kids were fantastic...others not so much. I have a ridiculous amount of photos of kids hanging on to each other for dear life. As you can see in the picture below, mi amour decided to steal the spotlight from some of our girls.



After about an hour of skating, a game of tag started. Now mind you, I am not horrible at skating, but I lack skills in the STOPPING department. So as this game of tag started, so how I became the target. Someone would tag me, I would tag someone else and that person would tag me back...and so on. After about 10 minutes of this I am POOPED! However, the tiny bit of competitiveness in me would NOT allow them to win. Even though I did not fall (cue whistles and claps)I was not without injury. Apparently using slamming into the wall as a stopping technique is harmful to your body. See picture below.



Moral of the story: after the age of 24, don't play ice tag.

No comments: